Sunday, December 4, 2011

Comic Cover Cavalcade

Welcome to the first Komic Kover Kavalcade. Or KK-wait, forget that. I think I better switch those "K"s back to "C"s.

And probably should leave this cover out of the post.
I'm feeling lazy and short of ideas once again, so I decided to go with a post that's only a fraction less lazy than posting something I wrote 10 years ago. That's right, it's a post of funny comic book covers! There's only like 12,435 posts like this on the internet. I'm a trailblazer in that fashion. But I'm betting most of you don't frequent too many comic book blogs, so there's a chance they'll be new to you.

These covers are some of the most common ones people make jokes about. Once you see them, I think you'll see why.



This one cracks me up, because even though Archie is only a few feet away from the other guys, he's only ankle deep in the water and they're waist deep. What's up with that? Are those guys in a hole? Is Archie Jesus? Or was he just being a jerk? It's so wacky.


I love the look that guy is giving the kid. He's totally rubbing it in that even though he's a perfectly healthy adult he's making that little kid carry that huge log. Good stuff.


Ha! That kid's so fat he broke the tricycle, and Little Lulu doesn't even know. She's still pumping her butt off trying to pedal. That's crazy!


Right, like Archie has enough money to afford to give anyone a pearl necklace. He's not Richie Rich! The first time I saw this I almost spewed my drink all over the screen. Luckily I swallowed first.

I hope you enjoyed these innocently humorous comic covers. I sure enjoyed putting almost no work in to show them to you.

That's what she said!


4 comments:

  1. That Rifleman cover hits a little too close to home with all these college coach scandals lately. Was it their intention to have the kid holding his wood? Right where his wood is? And, is that a wet spot in his pants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to be as topical as possible here.

    I noticed the wet spot, too, but didn't mention it because that would have basically been admitting I had spent a long time staring at his crotch. But who could blame me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost missed the wet spot; I spent a lot of time staring at his buttons. That is where the kid is looking. First most popular type of button worn by rifflemen? Rhinestones. Second most popular button? Dried cow nipples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to me lke the fat kid is the one doing the butt pumping.

    And I noticed the wet spot too.

    ReplyDelete