Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Eureka! (not Kansas)

While in the Black Hills last week, Ashley and I panned for gold. Check out our haul.

Liquid Gold. Or more accurately, Gold in Liquid.
See those gold colored flecks in the bottom of the vials? That's real gold. Texas Tea. The picture below should give you an idea of their relative size.

It's the shiny flakes at the bottom.

I know what you must be thinking right now - "Holy shit, Adam. You're totally rich. Rich with gold!" 

Well, you're right. I don't know the exact conversion rates, but I'm pretty sure the gold we panned is worth $12.6 million. Not bad for only paying seven bucks each to pan for it.

But I'm not planning on spending it. I think I'll have it melted down and made into a gold tooth. Not a "grill" as the kids call it, but an actual fake tooth. And then I'll just keep it in case I ever need it. Because you can never have enough spare teeth.

And I want to eventually look like this.


4 comments:

  1. I was Googling "Adam Johnson + Writer" to try to find some info on my favorite American novelist and short-story writer named Adam Johnson who was born in July, and I found this crap instead.

    I heard the Adam Johnson that was born in July who writes short-stories from America is a really interesting guy, but by some fluke of the internet, it turns out I'm actually your brother, so thats kind of interesting too.

    Anyone know the website for Adam Johnson, the American short story writer who was born in July of 1967???? I'd really appreciate being pointed in the right direction...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the first post on the blog. It answers your questions about beloved American short story writer and novelist Adam Johnson, born in July of 1967.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE'RE rich. Gold teeth, not tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a kidney stone to me. I think you can make teeth out of those too, so your overall plan is still valid.

    ReplyDelete