Sunday, July 24, 2011

Best/Bad Book Covers #2

It's time for the second installment of Best/Bad Book Covers! B3C if you're hip.

Like this.

Can the second cover possibly live up to the awesomely bad spectacle of the first cover? No. Of course not. I mean look at it. You can't top Nazi Gnomes with whips. Which, now that I think about, makes it kind of a stupid move for me to lead off with that one. Kind of blew my load on the first try. Nowhere to go but down. Bit the big one. And other double entendres.

Well, you must be chomping at the bit for the next cover. How could you not be, after the hard sell I just gave. Read on after the jump!




Worth the hype.
And there it is. Not too shabby, if I say so myself. And I just did.

I read this book, as well. I don't remember much of the details, but unlike Little People this was actually a pretty good book. A somewhat typical sci-fi story as an allegory for racism and imperialism. I'm pretty sure 60% of sci-fi books from the 50s and 60s were required to be about racism and/or imperialism. But this one was at least well written and entertaining. More than can be said for this post.

And if a glowing review like that doesn't make you rush out and buy the book, I have no idea what will. And I don't really care. 

Not like I get anything out of it.

That's what she said! Zing!


No comments:

Post a Comment