Saturday, June 23, 2012

5 Things I Find Funny Right Now

Man, I've kind of let this place slide since the big Blorthday celebration, haven't I? 

While it might have been a well deserved break for me (it was), it probably isn't fair to leave all of you rabid fans without a source of humor for so long (it isn't.) That assumes that this blog is the only source of humor you have, which seems like a pretty reasonable assumption to me.

In yet another example of just how damn giving I am to you people, I've decided to provide you with a list of things I'm currently finding funny, so you can use them to help you get past the shakes you get when I don't post for too long. This list isn't of my Top 5 funny things of all time, or things that are similar to whatever it is I do here. It's simply 5 things I find funny that I have been enjoying in the last few months. 

1. Bunk - TV show

This is a new show on IFC. It's a fake game show where the contestants are all comedians doing various improv bits, mixed in with some crazy, scripted stuff. I've only seen 2 episodes but they were really good. IFC's other new show, Comedy Bang! Bang! is also pretty good, but so far I like Bunk better.

2. Sklarbro Country - Podcast

The Sklar Brothers are identical twins who have been doing stand-up together for close to 20 years. They're hilarious. Their podcast is also hilarious. It's billed as a "comedy/sports" podcast, but you don't really need to know anything about sports to enjoy it. Pretty much every episode features a real guest, usually a comedian, and a fake celebrity guest that's voiced by a revolving cast. My favorite fake guest is Bruce Jenner, although Jesse Ventura, Bryant Gumble, Sam Elliot and Mark Wahlberg are all great, too.

3. Popeye - Comic book

This Popeye series is a new comic, telling new stories, in the style of Popeye's creator E.C. Segar. If you've read the original newspaper strip reprint series that was released by Fantagraphics, you'll love this, (and if you haven't, you're missing out. Go buy it right now.) But even if you haven't read the originals, this comic is a ton of fun. And appropriate for all ages, which unfortunately you can't say about a lot of comics out right now.

4. Norm MacDonald: Me Doing Stand-Up - Stand-up special

I've always been a fan of Norm MacDonald. His stand-up is very unique, and funny as hell. This special is fairly recent, and is some of his best yet. Definitely not for kids or people that are easily offended. It's available to watch instantly on Netflix, so you should probably go do that.

5. The Pirates! An Adventure with Scientists & An Adventure with Ahab - Book

This is actually 2 books in 1, in a flip-book fashion. Although together they're still only about 200 pages total, so calling either of them a book on their own is a bit of a stretch. These books are extremely silly adventures of a group of extremely inept pirates. It's along the lines of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, although not as funny as that. You can get this on amazon for less than 10 bucks right now, so you might as well go do that.

Whew, this was supposed to be an easy post to get out of having to come up with a real post. This might have been more work than usual. Figures. Anyway, maybe some of this stuff will tickle your fancy in the same way it tickled mine. Which is to say, in a dirty place.

 And if you don't find any of this stuff funny, well, it's not my fault. I didn't come up with this crap.


No comments:

Post a Comment