Monday, May 14, 2012

Huge Freaking Sawfish

This might seem like a lazy post, since I'm once again just posting a video my brother shot. But at least this time it's a little more relevant to this blog since I'm the tall guy in the orange shirt standing on the other boat at the end of the video.

While in the Bahamas last week, my brother and a crew from the Shark Lab caught a huge sawfish, an animal that's critically endangered and very rare to see. One of the sister-wives and myself were lucky enough to be visiting when it happened. After this footage was shot, we got a chance to snorkel pretty close to it. I probably got within about 20 feet of it. It's definitely the biggest animal I've ever seen in the wild, and was pretty amazing getting to see it up close.

So sit back and enjoy the video. I think Grant even managed to edit out most of the swearing. So feel free to crank the speakers up.


2 comments:

  1. I'm anxious to see how many times the "sawfish" tag gets used on your blog.

    Another great post though, probably in the top 2 ever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you said it was a huge sawfish.

    ReplyDelete